AT&T TSI CS Core Connections Technical Support Specialist in Toronto, Ontario
This position is with the TSI CS Core Connections team providing technical support services of the highest standard for infrastructure network devices in both TSI regional Hub sites and TSI Office locations across EMEA, AP and CALA as well as the applications that are used to support them. You will be working with a rapidly growing virtual environment and supporting the core network infrastructure comprising Cisco switches, routers, and firewall appliances, Brocade Load Balancers, and AT&T’s WiFi 3.0 environment. The role comprises deploying, maintaining and withdrawing devices and solutions whilst performing those tasks in accordance with strict process and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide professional, high level technical support to at least tier 3 level for Cisco Network and Firewall devices, Brocade ADX Load Balancing technologies.
• Initiate, own and participate in external and internal departmental projects for the delivery of solutions as required by the needs of the business. Projects must be delivered on time and in accordance with defined departmental and corporate processes and procedures.
• Participate in life cycle management activities to ensure all supported services run smoothly and maintain maximum availability.
• Participate in follow-the-sun support activities to provide continuity of service of globally available applications and servers that depend on the network infrastructure.
• Ensure devices, applications and working practices adhere to set security policies and that compliance is regularly reviewed.
• Provide support to colleagues in working high impact problems and acknowledge that you may be called upon to be available to work major incidents and critical outages at short notice.
• Follow set change management procedures. Consider impact of work to customers and the business. Perform risk management analysis when planning work activity.
• Work with colleagues, third party vendors and suppliers in specifying orders and satisfying requirements.
• Provide regular progress status updates to the team leader and management as well as to colleagues at the weekly team meeting.
• Provide measures and indicators to management on the work that is undertaken and completion results.
• Host or participate in departmental and team meetings including producing and presenting education and presentational material as and when required.
• Meet expectations of all business and departmental goals and objectives.
Key Competencies and Skills:
Candidate must be a fluent English speaker with 5 years of experience in providing technical support in a corporate environment at a high level of competency. Candidate should be able to demonstrate skills with the following products:
Essential Skills / Experience:
• TCP/IP networking protocols IPv4 and IPv6
• Cisco routers and switches
• Cisco ASA Firewalls
• Brocade ADX Load Balancers
• Network Management Tools and DNS, DHCP
Supplementary Skills / Experience
• AT&Ts WiFi 3.0
• AOTS Trouble Management tool
• AOTS Change Management tool
• Solarwinds IPAM and Network tools
• EMC SMARTS
• Cisco UCS Blades, Chassis and clustering
• Enterprise Redhat Linux v5/v6
• Microsoft Windows Server 2008 /2012
• VMWare ESXi
• HDS VSP SAN
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 /2012
• Oracle DB v11
Education and Qualifications:
CCNA certified or equivalent experience.
• Location: Argentina, Buenos Aires
• Location: Brazil, Campinas
• Location: Brazil, Sao Paulo
• Location: Canada, Toronto
• Location: Mexico, Mexico City