AT&T Senior Software Engineer (CMS & MP) in Toronto, Ontario
• Implement product features within a team using best practices to meet product or solution deliverables.
• Provide peer code reviews with constructive feedback.
• Refactor code to increase operating efficiency and extensibility and/or adapt programs to new requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Implements reusable unit tests to ensure the integrity of on-going product quality.
• Participate in stress tests, load tests, performance tests, making recommendations to the team to improve performance and scalability.
• Prepare software packages and documentation for deployment that adhere to the defined standard deployment policies.
• Be highly responsive to critical production issues providing timely and effective solutions.
• As needed, produce design artifacts such as class diagrams and sequence diagrams for product features or client solutions
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience designing and implementing end-to-end enterprise grade software.
• Solid knowledge of the Java programming language
• Knowledge of design patterns (MVC, Strategy, Factory, Singleton) and general design considerations.
• Experience with application servers, web servers (Apache) and servlet containers such as Tomcat or Jetty
• Experience using open source libraries and technologies such as Apache Solr, Zookeeper, etc…
• Proficient using UML (sequence, state, collaboration, class, use-case models).
• Proficient in SCM tools and best practices (GIT, Maven, Jenkins).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• A creative thinker and experienced problem solver.
Education and Qualifications:
Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent academic experience required
• Understanding or prior experience with mobile video transcoding, packaging, encryption and video players for iOS/Android/Web a plus
• Knowledge and/or exposure to modern web UI technologies
• Experience with scripting languages and libraries such as jQuery
• Familiarity with the technical details of commercial streaming mobile video offerings