AT&T Senior Software Developer in Toronto, Ontario
QuickPlay, now part of AT&T is the premier provider of solutions to manage the business of mobile video. Recognized internationally for innovation, flexibility and excellence QuickPlay provides the fastest and most flexible way for companies to deliver mobile video worth watching. Today, QuickPlay powers high quality TV, video, audio, and radio services for 14 mobile operators and 150 content providers recognized worldwide.
In an evolving market, our employees are inspired by the innovative environment that allows them to lead, motivate, and create, while reaching their full potential and achieving great results. Spending their days in a challenging atmosphere developing cutting edge products for the biggest names in media and communications, QuickPlay employees are able to expand their skills and grow with a passionate and talented group of people.
Read about some of the things we’re doing here: http://www.quickplay.com
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Gather input and requirements from the Product Management team
• Implement product features within a team using best practices to meet product or solution deliverables.
• Refactor code to increase operating efficiency and extensibility and/or adapt programs to new requirements.
• Implements reusable unit tests to ensure the integrity of on-going product quality.
• Participate in stress tests, load tests, performance tests, making recommendations to improve performance and scalability.
• Prepare software packages and documentation for deployment that adhere to the defined standard deployment policies.
• Be highly responsive to critical production issues providing timely and effective solutions.
• Produce design artifacts such as class diagrams and sequence diagrams for product features or client solutions.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Minimum 4 years’ experience designing and implementing end to end enterprise grade software.
• Solid knowledge of the Spring boot and kafka programming
• Excellent understanding the Java programming language
• Working knowledge of Kubernites / Chef deployments
• Excellent understanding of distributed multi-tier infrastructure.
• Knowledge of design patterns MVC, Strategy, Factory, Singleton) and general design considerations.
• Continuously challenged to deliver out of the box solutions
• Experience working with various web servers and servlet containers such as Tomcat
• Knowledge of performance improvement techniques through the use of caching technologies (memcached, Terracotta, ehCache)
• Experience using open source libraries and technologies such as Apache Solr, Zookeeper,etc,…
• Experience or exposure to NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra or CouchDB
• Proficient using UML (sequence, state, collaboration, class, use-case models).
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities are required.
• Extensive experience using Java open source libraries from the Apache Software Foundation, SourceForge,etc…
• Proficient in the use of SCM tools (SVN, GIT, Maven, Jenkins), best practices and continuous integration
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• A creative thinker and experienced problem solver.
Education and Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent .