AT&T Senior Software Developer (Microservices) in Toronto, Ontario
In an evolving market, our employees are inspired by the innovative environment that allows them to lead, motivate, and create, while reaching their full potential and achieving great results. Spending their days in a challenging atmosphere developing cutting edge products for the biggest names in media and communications, QuickPlay employees are able to expand their skills and grow with a passionate and talented group of people.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Implement product features within a team using best practices to meet product or solution deliverables.
• Provide peer code reviews with constructive feedback.
• Refactor code to increase operating efficiency and extensibility and/or adapt programs to new requirements.
• Implements reusable unit tests to ensure the integrity of on-going product quality.
• Participate in stress tests, load tests, performance tests, making recommendations to the team to improve performance and scalability.
• Prepare software packages and documentation for deployment that adhere to the defined standard deployment policies.
• Be highly responsive to critical production issues providing timely and effective solutions.
• As needed, produce design artifacts such as class diagrams and sequence diagrams for product features or client solutions.
Key Competencies and Skills:
•Minimum 5 years’ experience designing and implementing end-to-end enterprise grade software.
• Solid knowledge of the Java programming language
• Knowledge of design patterns (MVC, Strategy, Factory, Singleton) and general design considerations.
• Experience with application servers, web servers (Apache) and servlet containers such as Tomcat or Jetty
• Experience using open source libraries and technologies such as Apache Solr, Zookeeper, etc…
• Proficient using UML (sequence, state, collaboration, class, use-case models).
• Proficient in SCM tools and best practices (GIT, Maven, Jenkins).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• A creative thinker and experienced problem solver.
Education and Qualifications:
Education: Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent academic experience required
• Understanding or prior experience with mobile video transcoding, packaging, encryption and video players for iOS/Android/Web a plus
• Knowledge and/or exposure to modern web UI technologies
• Experience with scripting languages and libraries such as jQuery
• Familiarity with the technical details of commercial streaming mobile video offerings