AT&T Senior International Legal Counsel in The Hague, Netherlands
Senior International Legal Counsel with 10+ years’ experience, package to attract and retain exceptional candidate
Here at AT&T we understand that our customers want an easier, less complicated life.
We’re using our network, labs, products, services and people to create a world where everything works together seamlessly, and life is better as a result. How will we continue to drive for this excellence in innovation?
Our people, and their passion to succeed, are at the heart of what we do. Today, we’re poised to connect millions of people with their world, delivering the human benefits of technology in ways that defy the imaginable.
AT&T in The Netherlands is a key constituency for AT&T North region (consisting of the Netherlands and the Nordics), with a workforce based in The Hague. Supporting many global enterprises across such industries as petrochemical, agriculture, financial services, manufacturing, automotive and pharmaceuticals. AT&T in The Netherlands supports both country headquartered organizations as well as local branches of global clients. It also operates one of AT&T's 38 strategic global Internet Data Centers (IDCs) in Amsterdam.
With a nationwide infrastructure in all major business locations, AT&T helps clients put their business in motion. Clients can benefit from an industry-leading portfolio that includes Mobility, Network, Network Security, Cloud, Hosting, Voice, Unified Communications and Application services. These are implemented locally by experienced AT&T engineers and supported by a local account team.
Our goal is to be a strategic partner to the business by providing high quality legal advice and counsel. We work in close partnership by ensuring a thorough understanding of our client’s objectives, current issues and in conjunction with the applicable laws, providing sound legal solutions.
We are looking for a senior lawyer with extensive experience of legal and commercial matters across Europe and beyond, to take up a key position based in The Hague providing legal support for our Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) regional operations. Our EMEA region focuses on providing innovative IP-based services to a sophisticated customer base of multinational businesses.
This is a very interesting but demanding role supporting multiple functions concentrating on high value sales to multinational corporates in the EMEA region with a focus on the Benelux Region with a benefits package designed to attract and retain an exceptional candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities will include:
• Primarily supporting the Benelux Sales Center, by providing legal and contractual advice for medium to large and complex sales transactions ($10M to $100+M) with AT&T’s high-end multinational customers.
• Assisting our US legal colleagues working on comparable deals with AT&T multinational customers in the US which have an international (EMEA) aspect.
• Ensuring compliance with all of AT&T’s policies and procedures and relevant legislation (e.g. corporate social responsibility, data protection).
• Working as part of the wider AT&T International Law Group as well as liaising with other AT&T functions (e.g. External Affairs, Compliance and Privacy, and Finance).
• Addressing post sale issues such as disagreements and disputes in commercial transactions.
Key Competencies and Skills:
Skills & Experience required:
• Qualified in an appropriate civil law jurisdiction with at least 10+ years post-qualification experience (PQE)* gained from a multinational corporation and/or major international law firm.
• An excellent academic background.
• Strong negotiation and drafting skills.
• The ability to identify issues and advise in relation to a wide variety of commercial matters.
• A broad based commercial/business background with an emphasis on negotiating high value telecommunications, technology and outsourcing contracts.
• A successful track record in providing advice to upper management with the ability to provide legal analysis and advice that incorporates creative solutions to balance customer needs, commercial interests and business risk.
• Fluency to work in English, Dutch and ideally one other European language (verbal and written).
• The ability to travel, infrequently, internationally.
• The ability to take the initiative, work independently, be highly organised and resourceful as well as being able to operate and collaborate in the context of a major international corporation.
*Whilst we expect that the ideal candidate will have the stated PQE, this does not exclude applications from candidates with more or less relevant experience. We do not accept applications from agencies.
Education and Qualifications:
Telecom/commercial lawyer. Civil and/or common law qualified. 10+ years post-qualification experience. Language: English and Dutch an additional language would be beneficial.