AT&T Senior International Commercial Lawyer in The Hague, Netherlands
Our goal is to be a strategic partner to the business by providing high quality legal advice and counsel. We work in close partnership by ensuring a thorough understanding of our client’s objectives, current issues and in conjunction with the applicable laws, providing sound legal solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a senior lawyer with extensive experience of legal and commercial matters across Europe and beyond, to take up a key position based in The Hague providing legal support for our Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) regional operations. Our EMEA region focuses on providing innovative IP-based services to a sophisticated customer base of multinational businesses.
This is a very interesting but demanding role supporting multiple functions concentrating on high value sales to multinational corporates in the EMEA region with a focus on the Benelux Region with a benefits package designed to attract and retain an exceptional candidate.
Key Competencies and Skills:
Skills & Experience required:
• Qualified in an appropriate civil law jurisdiction with at least 10+ years post-qualification experience (PQE)* gained from a multinational corporation and/or major international law firm.
• An excellent academic background.
• Strong negotiation and drafting skills.
• The ability to identify issues and advise in relation to a wide variety of commercial matters.
• A broad based commercial/business background with an emphasis on negotiating high value telecommunications, technology and outsourcing contracts.
• A successful track record in providing advice to upper management with the ability to provide legal analysis and advice that incorporates creative solutions to balance customer needs, commercial interests and business risk.
• Fluency to work in English, Dutch and ideally one other European language (verbal and written).
• The ability to travel, infrequently, internationally.
• The ability to take the initiative, work independently, be highly organised and resourceful as well as being able to operate and collaborate in the context of a major international corporation.
*Whilst we expect that the ideal candidate will have the stated PQE, this does not exclude applications from candidates with more or less relevant experience. We do not accept applications from agencies.
Education and Qualifications:
Telecom/commercial lawyer. Civil and/or common law qualified. 10+ years post-qualification experience. Language: English and Dutch an additional language would be beneficial.