AT&T Automotive Equipment Technician - IBEW in Peoria, Illinois
LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT VALUES YOUR POTENTIAL?
A job with AT&T as an Automotive Equipment Technician can provide you with exactly that!
Take advantage of our paid training and wide range of career possibilities. AT&T offers a competitive salary, company provided vehicles and tools and benefits that include medical, dental, paid vacation, and more!
Our Automotive Equipment Technicians perform diagnosis, maintenance and repair of a diversified fleet of vehicles and other motorized/non-motorized equipment. .
What you'll do as an AT&T Automotive Equipment Technician:
• Operate and maintain all motor vehicles and motor-drive tools.
• Disburse gasoline; clean, lubricate and paint motor vehicles.
• Perform preventative maintenance including: inspections, adjustments, repairs and overhauls on all motor vehicles associated equipment (such as brakes, electrical, ignition, cooling, transmission) and construction trailers.
• Repair, service and test electrical and hydraulic powered equipment such as: aerial lift, generator, pumps, winches and specialized underground equipment and compressors.
• Receive, record and analyze reports of trouble on individual company motor vehicles and tools.
• Order or assist in ordering vehicles and/or specialized equipment parts. Maintain inventory and stock level in Motor Vehicle parts room.
In addition to STRONG communication skills, our Automotive Equipment Technician must have the following:
• Certification in 3 to 5 categories of Mechanics Certification by the National Institute of Automotive Services Excellence (ASE) OR equivalent certification from a heavy trucks / automobile manufacturer (e.g., Ford GM, Chrysler , Kenworth, Mack), trade school, or equivalent state license/certification.
• Valid state driver’s license and non-negligent driving record.
• Commercial Driver’s License after proper training and qualification on state and company driving tests.
• Meet 285lbs weight limit due to safety restrictions
• Ability to lift and move up to 80lbs
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
• Satisfactory results from a background/employment history investigation and drug screening