AT&T Senior-Data Analysis - BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE in El Segundo, California
The BI Solutions Analyst is a highly motivated individual that supports the DIRECTV business with analysis of enterprise information. Success will be accomplished by engaging in requirements, design, development, implementation and on-going support of the BI information infrastructure.
• Partner with Business Units to understand Business Initiatives and translate to BI Goals and Tasks.
• Consult with the Business Units on the application of BI Technology on the initiatives and programs.
• Understand the Business Units future direction to proactively respond to information needs.
• Translate the Business needs into functional BI requirements to assist design and development.
• Work closely with designers and developers to assure requirements are met.
• Provide leadership to medium to large project teams to drive results.
• Support the Business Units by researching request tickets assigned to BI.
• Provide testing analysis by reconciling the source systems with BI solutions and Business Requirements.
• Act as a liaison with IT Architecture, Design and Development on changes that impact BI solutions.
• Provide analysis as needed to assist the Business in understanding the data in order to make well informed decisions.
• BI Solutions Analysts are Flexible and Motivated, possessing analytical skills and can handle multiple priorities.
• BA/BS in Management Information Systems or equivalent Business degree
• Minimum 5 to 8 years experience in Business Intelligence area
• Should have experience using Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Plus, or Microstrategy
• Should have working knowledge of SQL with relational databases such as Teradata, Oracle, or MS SQL Server
• In-depth knowledge with Microsoft Office software
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Experience with Project Management methodology
• Experience using data warehouse or analytical tools for business purposes
• Deep knowledge of Business core processes, and data required to drive those processes
• Deep understanding of source data, its strengths, weaknesses, semantics, and formats
• Ability to work with and effectively communicate with people at all levels of the enterprise, from Executives to developers.
• Flexibility, diplomacy, and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
• Experience with key data warehousing processes