AT&T Lead Channel Manager in Dallas, Texas
As the largest communications company in the world, more than 120 million customers count on us every day to deliver the wireless, Internet, data and advertising services that fuel their businesses and connect them to their world. You will find yourself connecting communications and technology with opportunities that will take you to places you never imagined.
You don't have to be a tech whiz to join AT&T. It takes more than technology to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our teams of legal/operations, marketing and finance whizzes, we do just that. Every day, each works to ensure the success of the company while they advance their own careers.
What does it take to join us? We demand exceptional skills in your discipline and a real dedication to being the best.
After all, we're asked to keep AT&T profitable and on the cutting edge, and at the same time, build on more than a century of innovation and success. We are a world leader in communications and entertainment, and we plan to keep on growing.
Summary: The Lead Channel Manager is a seasoned industry expert and is able to understand the customers buying behaviors and demographics and leverages this information in designing and developing new offer requirements, building sales tools and incentives, driving customer events and demand generation activities and general channel activation. Ability to generate and maintain marketing, portal, digital, communications, and social media content to effectively drive results is a requirement.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop, design and redesign channel marketing programs and processes to provide added value and optimize channel effectiveness
• Create competitive channel strategies
• Create channel marketing programs in order to enhance the productivity, revenues, and profitability of channels.
• Design and develop new offer requirements, build sales tools and incentives, drive customer events and demand generation activities and general channel activation
• Manage channel marketing programs and processes to provide added value and to optimize channel effectiveness.
• Identify new/emerging channels, resources, and intermediaries, and develops integrated strategies, plans, and programs to leverage these opportunities.
• Apply advanced principles, theories and concepts
• Evaluate impact on strategic distribution channels planning objectives and strategies.
• Develop (product/segment) marketing & communication plans that encompass new product launch, advertisement, promotional programs, user events, webinars, tradeshows and other marketing campaign venues to help achieve P&L business objectives.
• Participate in the new product launching team and develop Go-To-Market Plan for new product introduction
• Develop sales training, collaterals, campaigns, and other tools for new product introductions, including identifying value proposition and competitive advantages
• Identify opportunities and areas of need and develop promotional program to capture revenue opportunities or to defend sales opportunities
• Track effectiveness of promotional program an respond accordingly
• Develop tradeshow strategies (messaging, product mix, workflow, demonstration etc.)
• Develops sales tools such as sales presentations, collaterals and ensures impactful product demonstrations in the field
• Lead regular Quick Market Intelligence calls with sales to provide up-to-date market/product information and to address concerns
• Provide support to sales enablement in assisting sales in quoting and configuration.
• Own specific trade shows, show sites and customer visits in conjunction with the Events and Sales teams.
Location: Dallas only - no option for remote employees
Channel Marketing and/or Product Marketing experience
Must have experience in selling to, supporting Fortune 500 companies
Must have background in Voice and Unified Communications products
Significant matrix management experience
Leadership skills to shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
Team oriented - ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
Strong organizational and project management skills, able to plan, meet deadlines, prioritize projects and manage a cross-functional team.
Experience with customer interaction, marketing and sales experience
Excellent analytical and communications skills
Understanding of financial principles
Strategic planning and clear thinking with ability to drive change - develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
Assertiveness - strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to share difficult messages and defend decisions and make judgment calls
Ability to formulate and implement strategic marketing plans
Ability to conceptualize, organize and manage projects
Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to create newsletter, executive communications, and manage portal/marketing content
Must exhibit the following behaviors- Critical Thinking - Teamwork - Self-starter
Proven ability to drive results
Ability to travel as needed
Ability to pass a background and drugscreen
• Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, Administration or Business
• MBA a plus