AT&T GSSI/Security - Network Engineer in Brno, Czech Republic
GSSI infrastructure is a datacenter-type construct used by AT&T and IBM for direct access to multiple customer's network environments and for providing hosting services, internet access services etc. Due to the nature of the multi-customer setup in place security restrictions and policies are the paramount parameter of the service ATT is responsible for. To deliver the top quality service we rely on the leading edge solutions produced by the key players in the networking business - Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, etc. The solution is always focusing on high-availability, security and scalability. Network support personnel are required to be able to comprehend and understand the complex security and design concepts of the GSSI infrastructure to be able to deliver effective support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Performing network support. Operating and maintaining network components in a complex multi-vendor environment.
• Analyzing network problems, performing configuration changes on network devices and network applications.
• Implementation of security policies to control customer network traffic in complex security environments built upon multi-vendor security products (Cisco/Checkpoint/Juniper).
• Support IT network infrastructure projects with our remote teams in EMEA
• Coordinate and implement network related projects in cooperation with our customers
• Provide architectural last level solutions based on our GSSI infrastructure approach.
• Support and coordinate network infrastructure “End of Life” replacement projects.
• Cooperation on implementation of various projects in the customer’s network environment.
• Support for the architectural reviews and proposals of network environments improvement.
• Provide technical last level support (Tier 3) for your network based customer.
Network deliver specialists are expected to support customers in different time zones, which include migrations and changes in the evenings and at weekends. Therefore the position may require working on 8x5 shift model accompanied with an on-duty/on-call service to cover for the EMEA non-business hour’s events.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
• Additional foreign language is advantage
• Operational knowledge on CCNP level
• Enhanced knowledge of Cisco IOS or ASA/Checkpoint FW-1 or Juniper JunOS
• Fluent knowledge of TCP / IP (including all common used routing protocols: BGP, OSPF)
• Enhanced knowledge IP-services (DNS, DHCP)
• Enhanced knowledge of Switch and Router Configuration
• Linux skills preferred on Redhat ES 4 and 5 platforms
• Knowledge of Linux scripting or Perl is advantage.
• Knowledge or problem and change management process is advantage
• Customer and service orientation, Ability to operate well in an international environment, multicultural environment
• Ability to coordinate and deploy network related infrastructure projects
• Reliability, responsiveness and flexibility, Communication Skills, High motivation, Teamwork skills
• 5+ years in real production environment
Education and Qualifications: