AT&T Server Architect - Technical Design Lead in Bratislava, Slovakia
The Server Architect is responsible for translating business needs into technical solutions, and defining solutions to problems through reasoned application of information technology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Designs, develops, documents and analyzes overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software. Determines integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs. Coordinates design and integration of total system including subsystems. Researches and recommends technology to improve the current systems.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Experience configuring server platforms including but not limited to HPUX, AIX, Linux RH, Solaris, and Windows
• Working knowledge of and the ability to implement and manage virtualization tools and technologies such as VMware, OpenStack, Xen, et. al. to establish and maintain a virtual infrastructure.
• Working knowledge of and the ability to deploy, implement and support Storage Area Network (SAN) or Network Attached Storage (NAS) systems.
• Working knowledge of Server Architecture concepts such as Cloud Computing, SDN, disaster recovery, high availability, and fault isolation and the ability to design an organization's network infrastructure and services
• Proficiency in engineering cost estimates and economic analyses and models
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Excellent documentation and planning skills
• Excellent oral and written skills